Monday, February 18, 2013

::Henley:: Two Months Old!

It's that time again and just like my one month post, I can't believe it's been two months already. In some ways I feel like it's been such a short amount of time but in other ways I feel like I have known and loved her forever. She's a lot of work but worth every single bit of it.

Weight

I did a hodge-podge weighing of her on our scale today and got 14-15 pounds which seems high. We go to the doctor tomorrow so we will get an accurate reading then. 


Health

She has been doing really well overall. Last Sunday her and I both got a little cold and she's finally finishing up with that, her congestion is still lingering but she's been in a great mood through it all which helps, especially when mama doesn't feel good. 

No more diaper rash and in fact her bum looks the best it ever has. I swear Earth Mama Angel Bottom Balm is amazing! Definitely pick some up, especially if you are a cloth diapering mama.


Sleep

Her days and nights are definitely all figured out. She is sleeping between 12-14 hours a day, including naps. She has slept in the crib for naps a few times but sleeps in the Rock n' Play most nights.

She goes down between 8 and 9:00 and sleep for about 4 hours, then she is up twice more with only 2.5 hours in between. Daytime naps aren't near as consistent. She is only napping about 30-45 minutes at a time. (She's actually wide awake in the crib right now just laying there staring at the monitor since she woke up about five minutes ago).

I put her in bed with us probably once a night. It's not always because she is up or fussing, sometimes it's more for me. I love snuggling up with her! I know I'll have to stop that soon but she will only be small and snuggly once so I am going to live it up.

I can't decide if I should implement a sleep training plan since her current schedule is working for us for now. I am a little worried if I don't do something more rigid, I'll regret it. We will see! Can't decide quite yet.


Clothing

She is wearing all 0-3 months clothes. It seems like Gerber runs really small, Carter's is right on, and Circo (Target) is a little big. Speaking of Carter's, I discovered that their outlet has the same stuff as the website and Babies r' Us but at 40% cheaper! Needless to say, she has some really cute outfits coming up and has about the same amount of shoes as I do (no surprise there!)

Look at these cute shoes!




Diet

Still just on my breast milk. Breastfeeding has been going really well. I feel like we definitely have a rhythm. I also got a Bebe au Lait nursing cover and I love it, makes it a lot more comfortable nursing in public. I'm not coordinated enough using just a blanket.

 

Baby Gear Love

She really started loving the activity play gym this month. She will lay on her back and stare at the toys or fan just kicking and flailing cooing, it's the cutest thing. She does tummy time too but likes her back better since she can see more things.

We've been using the Bjorn a lot lately. The Moby worked good, it's just too much work to wrap it, by the time I had it wrapped she would be in full panic mode, plus I didn't feel comfortable with my wrapping skills. I bought the Mody GO which is a soft structured carrier like the Bjorn but has much better back support. The Bjorn is great for holding her but kills my back after about 20 minutes.

For her baths, we are using the Puj Tub. I love how easy it is and it's really soft. She loves bath time which probably helps.

The last thing we have been using a ton is our stroller, the Baby Jogger City Micro. It's lightweight but sturdy, I use it at least once every day. Perfect for day to day use.


Crying

She still only cries when she is gassy or hungry for the most part. Now that she is cooing more, she has a fake whimper/cry that she does sometimes, it cracks us up--Ted always calls her a faker.


Social
We are pretty much back into our normal romping schedule. I try to get out with her at least a couple times a week. We have ventured to Babies r' Us quite a few times, Target, the mall, and even the park for Valentine's pictures. She also went to our town's annual Art Festival. We've been going to the park every Friday, meeting Ted at the Farmer's Market and having lunch.




We met my brother and my nieces for dinner a few weeks ago. My littlest niece is so adorable with Henley.


This past weekend she went to her first Edison Festival of Lights Parade. It was freezing so we didn't stay long but this will be the first of many trips to the annual parade, such a tradition for my family.

Yesterday she took her first road trip. We went to Ft. Lauderdale to surprise my best friend at the finish line of her first half marathon. We were a little concerned but she did great in the car, especially considering we went there and back in one day.



Postpartum

I'm totally healed and feeling really good overall. I had a six week post-op appointment a couple weeks ago and I had lost 31 of my total 36 that I gained. I am very pleased with that. Still working on accepting this new body (see my Get Fit posts that I am planning to post weekly once I can get healthy and into a routine.


Milestones

This month was full of milestones, my favorite being her smile and laugh. The first smile I got was one Saturday morning, I sat down to breastfeed and she literally saw my boob and smiled. Ted saw it (which was great) and we both died laughing. She's also holding her head up now really well.

She's also following us and focusing in on us instead of looking through us like she did in the beginning. She's starting to grab things with her hands also.

Tomorrow at her doctor's appointment she is getting her first round of shots which I am dreading (probably worse for me than her!)






This month has been great. We are so blessed to have a happy, healthy baby---I thank God for my family every.single.day!



I hope you have a great week!


Mere :-)

2 comments:

  1. What a great 2 months this has been look how wonderful she looks all the time. She is quite the Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I made the blog :) I can't get over how adorable she is.

    ReplyDelete