Saturday, March 26, 2016

::Family:: Disney Vacation and Cruise Recap Part 1

Last week we returned from a family Disney vacation. While I was on maternity leave I went into a deficit for time off and therefore had no extra PTO hours to take during 2015. Once I returned to work I knew I needed something to look forward to. After some searching and research, the hubs and I landed on a Disney cruise. We booked it in June, 9 months in advance, but it was just the thing I needed to keep me motivated throughout the year.

We started the vacation off by visiting Magic Kingdom, Macie's first trip!! Port Canaveral is only 45-50 minutes from Disney so we thought it was the perfect kick off to our vacation. We drove up Saturday and hung out at Disney Springs (previously downtown Disney) for the day.



On Sunday morning we headed to Magic Kingdom for a very special Royal Breakfast with the Princesses in Cinderella's castle.




The breakfast was great. When we walked in, Cinderella was there to greet us before being seated.


The girls got magic wands and wishing stars. The princesses all came around and signed autographs and took pictures with everyone. Henley was over the moon. It was a great experience and the food was amazing. 






After the breakfast we headed to Fantasyland and rode a few rides. Fastasyland is a great place for the littlest park hoppers since they can ride practically everything. We rode It's a Small World, the Tea Cups, and a few others.

We had an extra fast pass so decided to do Enchanted Tale with Belle. I'd never heard of it and really wasn't sure what to expect. I was so glad we did this, it was a pleasant surprise. It's a live show staring all of the little kids from the audience. Henley was one of the salt and pepper shakers. They all go through and act out a very short play about the Beast & Belle and at the end, Belle comes in to watch. It was seriously the cutest thing, especially considering our "Beast" was a tiny girl about 4 years old. 





After a few more rides, ice cream, and a nap we headed back to the hotel for the day. We lasted at the park until probably about 2 then both girls were spent and ready to rest.

Everything was great but I do have one major complaint. I relied on the Photopass picture of the family in front of the castle and it was totally white, there was no picture at all. I was so disappointed. I did complain to Disney and they gave me a credit for another picture which was nice but I still had no family picture besides this Cinderella one (which has a smudge). I've always had great experiences with Disney and the pictures so that was a little bummer. Otherwise everything for the Magic Kingdom was great.

I think if I try to recap the cruise here too this post will be massive so I'll write a separate post for that. 

Mere :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment