Wednesday, March 23, 2016

::Macie:: One Year Old!

I'm a little late posting this but I am going to make a conscious effort to blog more often as an outlet and a little scrapbook for myself to look back on.


On March 1st, my smallest lady turned the big ONE! This last year has gone by so fast and it's getting better with every month that passes.


About a month or two ago, Ted and I decided to take a shot at getting some photos of the girls. We recently had professional photos taken and didn't really want to incur more costs for photos, plus the hubs typically does a great job. We got the girls all dolled up and headed downtown with baskets and balloons in tow. Being a mom of two, I know capturing shots of two toddlers smiling is virtually impossible so we set ourselves up for success and got some pretty great shots of them interacting with each other.


Here are some of my favorites:






We used this one for Macie's First Birthday Invitation:



Macie's birthday party was on March 5th at our house with a very loose theme of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, incorporating lots of pinks and golds. 



I made Macie a little tutu and onesie that peppered our entire house with gold glitter, (sorry hubs!). She looked simply adorable!!




We had a few close friends and a few grandparents come over to celebrate Macie. She wasn't too into the smash cake but, just like mama, was a big fan of the cake pops. (I'll post my secret to the perfect cake pops soon!)








Macie loved opening presents and is a big fan of a sandbox from her Papa. Overall the day was so great. I love when all of the littles from my friends and family can get together and play. Seeing everyone grow up together has truly been a blessing.



Happy Birthday sweet girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment