Sunday, July 29, 2012

::Baby G:: Nursery

The nursery progress is officially underway. Last weekend we went to the other coast to get some items from a few friends that they no longer needed---best part is that it was all FREE! We got the glider in the pictures below along with the changing table from my best friend's sister. We got the pack and play, the car seat with two bases, the bouncer, and a few other items from a friend of my husbands. Here is a tour of our guest room/nursery before any work, we just put all of the items and furniture into that room where we think they will eventually go.

Guest bed

Glider and dresser we painted. The white we painted the dresser is a blue white and does not match the glider or changing table at all. We are going to get the crib and see what that white is and then repaint the dresser. Kind of a bummer but it is what it is!

Glider we purchased from Craigslist that we are selling, I like the white one better

Other goodies

Pack and Play, we set that up where the crib would go just to see how it felt with the layout

Hallway/Room entrance filled with everything we need to get rid of!

Here is a super quick tour---

Since we now know we are having a girl, my goal for the nursery is a mix of purples and greys along with the owl theme. Here is something I put together today as sort of an inspiration board.
I plan on making a lot of the bedding and curtains so I have ordered some fabric swatches for prints, also seen in the bottom corner in the photo above

Yesterday we took the first step to getting the room pulled together and painted. We used Sherwin Williams paint in Sensitive Tint. In the swatch, and also the background of the inspiration picture above, the color was more of a grey/purple but now that it's on the walls, it has more purple that I originally planned but I still love it!



We also got rid of everything that was in that hallway. I'm so excited that we finally have a plan and things are underway! I ordered a few more fabric swatches in solids so I want to look at all of the swatches together before I start ordering. I'll keep you posted as more things start coming along.

:-) Mere

No comments:

Post a Comment